mardi 17 février 2015

Granny squares

I started crocheting around three years ago and I immediately liked it. I find that the movement in itself brings a nice change for a knitter. There are some really fun projects that you can crochet (although I'm not really sold on crochet garments as of yet). I especially like crochet for home decor.

But it's a also a great skill that can help when you want to add a finishing touch. For instance, the borders of this tank or the neckline of this Gemini.

Last week, I started crocheting a beautiful Granny square blanket. I have always found that Noro self striping yarn produces a great  effect. You get a magical transition of colours from row to row.

It's not my first time making granny squares, but it's going to be my first blanket. Of course it costs more since it requires a lot of material, but I can purchase a few skeins everynow and then... so I should be fine!

I like the fact that it's an easy project to carry around. I can shove an ongoing square down my purse wherever I go. Just like socks.

For this project, I'm using Noro Kureyon in many colourways, paired with Gallway worsted wool in Natural for the border. I crocheted 10 rows for the Noro part and 2 for the border. I have yet to crochet many more squares, block them, weave in ends and connect them. But still, I wanted to share a few samples.

I'll try to keep you posted on the evolution of this blanket.

If you like this one, note that there are many inspiring crochet blankets out there. I particularly like the Flowers in the snow pattern by Solveig Grimstad and the Neat Ripple Pattern by Lucy of Attic24. Might have to crochet these some day.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire