mardi 30 juin 2015

Purplish at Pompon

One of the things that really slows the process of blogging, for me, is the photoshoot. I may not be the worst with a camera, but I'm no expert and I'll settle for a few good pics if the light is okay. 

But. When it comes to taking photos of me wearing the newest FO, I have to ask - pretty please - the boyfriend to oblige. And I know he does not enjoy. He is such a talented artist, who can pull off about anything, but photography is just not his strong suit. Or maybe it's just that he doesn't care for it. Which makes him even more wonderful when he agrees to participate... I know he's always proud of me for pushing through the many projects.

Today I gave him a break from the job and asked Zoée* to be the photographer.

I had not one, but two new cardigans off the needles!  
First one is the second Rililie Design that I knitted, the BlueSand Cardigan.
BlueSand Cardigan by La Maison Rililie
  
I mentioned this cardigan in a previous post, when I blogged about the Dessine-moi un mouton. I was saying how it was a lot of stockinette stitch. Well, I felt a little bad afterward, since I got to the short rows and texture. And speaking of texture...
Look at those! And the stripes in the lining of the pockets, and the little contrast colour making an appearance right before the ribing of the neckband. So pretty. Again, I'm amazed by the attention to details that make such a difference.

Second project to be photograph was my Vitamin D.

Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier
Also a great piece. The radial eyelet increases work really well and make a good fit. I'm also happy with my yarn choice. The Serena gives a very nice drape, plus the combination of baby alpaca and pima cotton is just warm enough for breezy summer nights. I need more of this yarn.



*Zoée is one of the co-founder of Pompon Laine Café, a new LYS that we recently opened in Trois-Rivières, Québec. You can see the store's front in the pictures of this post. 
Here's a picture of the four of us before investing the premises. 
Zoée (with daughter Clémence), Julie, Christine and I.
We filled the place with yarn, accessories, samples, a little kitchen for tea and coffee making, a classroom, a knitting lounge, coffee tables and... lots of love! 
Christine, contemplating Noro Silk Garden Lite.
It's now full of life as people adopted the place to shop for products, take a class, sip a coffee/tea or all of the above!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire