dimanche 27 mars 2016

I can crochet too!

I may not be and expert at the craft, but I do appreciate the change of pace and motion it brings. 
When facing sweater sleeves or any other repetitive knitting process, I sometimes feel inclined to pick up my hook and crochet away on something different. Ergonomically speaking, it's also refreshing for my joints, as my left hand seems busier with crochet and my right with knitting. So both mentally and physically, it feels more balanced to use them both. 
This pattern is Virus shawl / Virustuch by Julia Marquardt. It's a free pattern, very easy to use and I think it even features tutorials for each section. 

 
My boyfriend can't stand these colours joined in one piece, but I actually love them so! It's a little kitschy, but that is something I assume, and even go for when working in crochet.  It has that retro quality that I like. And the drape of this yarn is to die for. Even pre-blocking, toward the last rows, I was enchanted by the weight of it. 
 It makes for one expensive shawl with the short yardage of aran weight, but I still highly recommand this yarn for something to wrap yourself in. Plus, I have lots of leftovers for upcoming sweaters and such!
Project page and yarn detailing here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire